A brief description of Threading
Threading is a technique of removing hair practiced since time immemorial in the Middle East, South Asia and South-East Asia and now becoming popular in the West.
Threading involves twisting a thread of pure cotton between the fingers and around rows of hair to pull them out of their roots. It is commonly used by women at home, or in beauty parlors, for shaping their eyebrows and removing other facial and body hair.
Where is Threading Used?
Threading is most commonly used for eyebrow shaping; removing facial hair, like hair from upper and lower lips, chin, cheeks, sideburns, space between eyebrows and the hair line, especially where smaller amounts of hair need to be removed.
Benefits of Threading
Fast Way to Remove Hair
Threading removes many hairs in one go, in contrast to tweezing or plucking, where hairs are removed one by one; so, it is a faster and less painful method of removing hair. For example, threading a set of eyebrows usually takes around 15 minutes and threading the upper lip takes around 10 minutes by a skilled professional, whereas plucking the eyebrows can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes.
Gentle with No Harm to Skin
Threading rarely causes harm to the skin and suits even people with sensitive skin. It is therefore, especially good for facial hair removal, where the skin is particularly sensitive. Threading is also often preferred over other hair removal methods like waxing, depilatory creams, bleaching etc. because they may not suit every skin type and methods like shaving should not be used. In this way, your skin is saved from the wrath of harmful chemicals and hot wax.
- Threading is charged at a rate of £8.00 per 15mins (minimum booking 15mins)
A brief history of waxing
Removing hair from the body is certainly not new, its thought to have been first pioneered by the ancient Egyptians. The Pharaohs wife and her subjects would have mixed a sticky paste of oil and honey to remove hair from the body. Ancient Greeks and Romans paid vast attention to beauty, hygiene and body appearance, believing smooth (like marble) bodies was a civilized practice. In addition to the use of tweezers and primitive depilatory creams the Romans used resins (possibly Frankincense) as an ingredient for depilation. In Europe the habit of depilating, a practice passed down from the Greeks and Romans, fell out of fashion during the rein of Catherine De Medici (1547 – 1589) of France. She forbade her ladies in waiting to remove any of their pubic hair. In the sixties smoothness was rediscovered with the invention of the bikini line and today many women and men remove hair somewhere on their bodies.
Perron Rigot is a French manufacturer of depilatory waxes used by beauty practitioners and salons the world over. Since the 1930′s Perron Rigot has been revolutionizing depilatory waxing products to improve there comfort and effectiveness, transforming a utilitarian act into an authentic skin care treatment.
Warm (strip) Wax
Cirepil Nacree Blanche
Low-temperature wax, this is applied at a temperature close to that of the body for maximum comfort, enriched with sweet almond oil for nourishing, moisturizing and softening action.
- Eyebrows £9.00 (15 mins)
- Top lip £7.50 (15 mins)
- Chin £7.50 (15 mins)
- Lip and Chin £14.00 (30 mins)
- Underarm £9.50 (15 mins)
- Forearm £18.00 (20 mins)
- Full arm £20.00 (30 mins)
- Bikini £11.00 (15 mins, hair which is visible outside of panties is removed)
- High Bikini £14.00 (20 mins, hair which is visible outside of tiny panties/thong is removed and tidied at the top)
- G-string £20.00 (30 mins, hair is taken in further than a high bikini leaving a small stripe, tidied at the top and hair removed from the bottom area)
- Brazilian £28.00 (45 mins, all pubic hair is removed with the exception of a two by one inch section on the pubic bone)
- Hollywood £30.00 (1hr, all pubic hair is removed from the navel to the thigh)
- Half Leg £17.50 (30 mins)
- Three Quarter Leg £23.00 (45 mins)
- Full Leg £25.00 (1hr)
- Full Leg and Standard Bikini £32.00 (1hr – 15 mins)
- Full Leg and High Bikini £34.00 (1hr – 20 mins
Hot (no strip) Wax
Recommended for intimate areas because of its exceptional comfort and fluidity, especially suitable for short hairs. This hypo-allergenic no strip wax with a patented formula that is in advance of the most stringent EU standards. Formulated from synthetic resin it is fragrance-free and ideal for the most sensitive types of skin.
- Underarm £11.00 (20 mins)
- Bikini £15.00 (30 mins, hair which is visible outside of panties is removed)
- High Bikini £20.00 (40 mins, hair which is visible outside of tiny panties/thong is removed and tidied at the top)
- G-striing £25.00 (50 mins, hair is taken in further than a high bikini leaving a small stripe, tidied at the top and hair removed from the bottom area)
- Brazilian £30.00 (1hr, all pubic hair is removed with the exception of a two by one inche section on the pubic bone)
- Hollywood £35.00 (1hr 15 mins, all pubic hair is removed from the navel to the thigh)
- Nasal £10.00 (15 mins)
Please arrive to your appointment clean and with underwear, although disposable underwear is provided if preferred. Hair growth, regardless of how you have removed hair previously, should have at least 3 weeks growth to get the best results.
The results of regrowth differ from person to person, in most cases you will see minimal growth during the first three weeks, with a noticeable increase after that.
Continual waxing encourages slower, sparser regrowth but it’s not permanent.
We recommend coming back every 4 – 6 weeks for maintenance, you may find that you are able to leave longer gaps between appointments once the hair cycle has been established.
For twenty four hours after you have been waxed avoid sun, heat treatments (sun beds, saunas, steam rooms and spas) deodorant, perfume products, really hot showers and baths, chlorinated pools, fake tan and tight fitting clothing. We highly recommend frequent exfoliation and moisturising of the area between treatments, however making sure to leave a forty-eight hour gap between your waxing treatment and your exfoliation.